If you can count up to 7, then you can bake this delicious apple cake. Apples are in season and you will make everybody at home happy!
Preparation: 15 min, Cooking: 40 min, For about 6 to 8 servings
Ingredients for the cake:
7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons white granulated sugar
5 tablespoons milk
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 sachet of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, milk, oil, eggs, baking powder and 1 pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Lighlty butter a baking pan. Pour batter into the pan.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples. Arrange apple slices over the batter.
- Bake until the cake is puffed and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
While the cake is in the oven, prepare the buttercream.
Ingredients for the buttercream:
80 grams melted butter
100 grams white sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar
- Mix egg, butter and sugar in a bowl.
- When the cake is ready, pour the buttercream over the cake.
- Put the cake back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes until a crust has formed.
Let the cake cool down, remove from the pan and enjoy!
You can find many varieties of locally produced apples at the market on Marktplatz.
Obst vom Tüllinger – from Tuesday to Thursday morning until 2pm; Friday and Saturday all day until 6pm.