With summer comes everyone’s favourite time of the year: garden party and barbecue season! Creamy clafoutis are a fantastic way to end a barbecue on a sweet note and make your guests want to save room for dessert.
Whether you’re feeling lazy or you want to show off and impress your friends with your baking skills, check out this fresh apricot clafoutis recipe! Easy to make, yet so irresistible and delicious!
- 700g fresh ripe apricots, pitted and halfed
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 180g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 375mL milk
- 100g melted butter
Preparation: 20 min, Cooking: 45 min, For about 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the sugar, flour, melted butter and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Lighlty butter and flour a baking pan. Arrange the apricots in an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Pour the batter over the apricots.
- Bake until the clafoutis is puffed and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately!
You can find ripe, delicious locally produced apricots at the Matthäusmarkt on Matthäusplatz on Saturdays from 8am until 1pm www.matthaeusmarkt.ch
Photo credits: Julien Rochet